Mother’s Day is a day set aside to recognize and appreciate mothers for all they have and/or continue to do in our lives. Although mothers should be recognized each and every day, the second Sunday in the month of May gives us the opportunity to do so without excuses or concessions. How do you plan on showing the mothers in your life how much you appreciate them this Mother’s Day? If you are clueless as to what you’re going to do for the mothers in your life for this special day, this blog can possibly give you some options.
Here are few ways we can show mothers how special they are on Mother’s Day.
- Get her a gift. A bouquet of flowers, perfume, gift card to her favorite department store, or jewelry can be just the thing that will put a smile on mom’s face.
- In addition to the option above, take her out for Sunday brunch or cook her a great meal. How many times has mom cooked for you and the rest of the family? This Sunday could be one of those days she doesn’t have to lift a finger, grab a pot or pan and prep, and cook a meal. If she offers to help, simply tell her she can contribute by enjoying the exquisite meal that is being prepared for her.
- Purchase some tickets to take mom to her favorite sporting events, musical concert, or comedy show. An outing with her could enhance her special day and make it memorable.
- A spa day is the perfect way to pamper mom. Treat her to a relaxing spa day package brag about to her friends, neighbors, and/or co-workers.
- While mom is out enjoying that spa day or event, do some house cleaning for her. What would be more impressive than to provide mom with a meal, a day of relaxation, and she returns to a spic and span house.
- One of the most important thing you can give mom on Mother’s Day is your time. Take time to visit with your mom and sit down with her to have some grant conversation, reminisce, and create some beautiful memory. Be present. You could always send the other tangible gifts from a distance. Or, you could visit but be distracted by work and your unfinished business that is waiting for you on Monday morning.
Whatever you choose to do for mom this Mother’s Day, do it with intent and purpose. Let her know she is loved and appreciated. Not only does the thought count but the deep heartfelt deed is invaluable. My bearded brethren make sure your beard is present and find yourself honoring mom this Sunday.
Please comment and let us know what you think about this blog. Your feedback is greatly appreciated!